Getting started on any project is the hardest part. Once you are underway, it will be much easier. There are some supplies that will help you get and stay organized. If you are writing your story without any genealogy references, the following items will be helpful.
- Spiral notebooks to organize your life by years, events, family stories, holidays, and more
- Photographs from birth to the present (Choose sharp, clear photos)
- A scanner to load printed photos into your computer (you can also have them loaded onto a CD if you don’t have a scanner
- Computer and storage disks
- A place to work that’s quiet
- The desire to leave the gift of YOU to future generations of family
Once you get started, you won’t want to stop!